Undoubtedly you might think that just because there is snow on the ground and the temperatures are frigid, you can’t begin to build your dream home. This is so far from the truth! Realistically, while the weather and ground conditions are not ideal in the northeast, it’s the perfect time to lay the ground work and begin the process of building. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Search out a company that has professional sales consultants who will sit down with you, listen and learn about your plans, your ideas and the budget you have set for yourself. Educate yourself on what products and services they have to offer and make a determination if it’s a good fit for you. Starting a project of this magnitude requires qualified professionals who can be with you from day one until beyond move in with a quality team guaranteed.
2. Start your design process – sitting down with the Designer and compiling all of your ideas together for a layout that meets your needs and wants will ensure that when it comes time to begin excavating, you will have the necessary drawings and permits in hand. This will avoid surprises that could delay your start date
3. Financing – If you are looking to finance any part of your project, now is the time to begin a conversation with a financial institute that understands the steps of building a log home. Your professional sales consultant can steer you in the right direction for such companies.
4. Choosing a Qualified Builder – Just like any other business, its first come first serve. Builders are booking their schedules for the year and the sooner you can book your desired build date, the better. Be sure to ask for references, request to see current jobs and completed jobs. Ask how smoothly the job went and was it completed in a timely manner and on budget.
5. Determine your amenities now while you have the time to make decisions without being rushed or holding up your project. There are many items that you can finalize on regarding choices like, flooring, tile, cabinets, lighting fixtures, vanities, etc.
Planning and achieving the home of your dreaming can only be made possible if you maintain a constant line of communication, a course of action and a professional team that works for you. So starting the process now just makes sense for anyone who wants their project to be an enjoyable experience.
By JoAnn Drumm Customer Administrator