Professional Architectural Design and Planning
YOUR DESIGN STARTS AT YOUR BUILDING SITE
To make your life easier, Beaver Mountain Log Home’s comprehensive design and planning services streamline the process, enabling you to focus on the issues that matter most while we keep a watchful eye on your project as it unfolds step by step. Your on-site design consultation and information gathering session with our experienced and talented Architectural Design Team, is the beginning of a very exciting and rewarding creative personalized experience, Let our expertise work for you.
THE FIRST STEP
As building a log home or timber home is a serious investment, we encourage you to call us for a feasibility consultation or to schedule an in-person consultation. Discuss questions you may have and review your vision, budget, and timeline with one of our log home building consultants.
Join your building consultant for an on-site meeting with your Beaver Mountain architectural designer. We’ll visit your property, and learn about the distinct features that we’ll consider when designing your “site-specific” log home.
3D CONCEPTUAL DRAWINGS
Your Beaver Mountain Log Home architectural design consultant will create conceptual drawings and turn key estimate ranges for your custom-built log home or timber home, or we can work with your designer/architect.
REFINING YOUR DESIGN
At this point, your designer and building consultant will present and explain your conceptual drawings review the material options, turn key estimate ranges and building schedule. You and your family’s feedback is very important as we refine your vision.
When you have approved your custom home design and material selection, we will finalize 1/4″ scale floor plans and elevations that can be used for contractor bids, interior design planning and financing options (if needed).
Some of our clients come to us with their preferred contractor already in mind. Others prefer we help locate and recruit independent contractor candidates for their consideration. We can also be a resource for financing options and other industry professionals (if needed).
Your building consultant can coordinate contractor introductions and interviews. Upon contractor selection your building consultant can also assist in soliciting bids and proposals for building your custom log home or timber home.
ANALYZING BID PROPOSALS
Next, your designer and building consultant will help analyze your contractor bid, develop a project summary and propose a timeline for your custom built log home or timber home to assist in interpretation of turn key pricing.
NAILING DOWN THE DETAILS
After you review and authorize the final home design, material selections, and approve your budget, we will help further define the scope of your project, the building schedule and assist with the next step with the contractor you select.
THE ORDER – CONSTRUCTION BEGINS
When you order your personalized log home or timber home, our engineering team will develop a building site specific, Architect/Engineer sealed construction drawing with energy code compliance report – ready to apply for your building permit so the construction can begin.
• Your contractor will start clearing your home site, excavating for the driveway and foundation, setting the footers and installing the foundation.
• Beaver Mountain’s engineering team will develop detailed shop drawings (cut-sheets), assembly drawings, and material lists used for manufacturing components for your custom-built log home or timber home.
• Milling, precutting, and prefabrication begins! To ensure they meet your expectations, pre-cut and numbered wall logs will be dry stacked for quality assurance and your inspection.
• The wood products we manufacture are stacked on custom pallets and wrapped, then all the materials are staged together and stored inside – under cover – until delivery.
• For contractor’s convenience, we offer split delivery dates and staggered delivery times, with storage for up to 30 days available at no charge. To keep materials dry and clean, all truckloads are tarped for delivery.
• Once Beaver Mountain delivers the materials for your home to your building site, construction will get underway. Throughout construction, you and your contractor can rely on our knowledgeable team for expert technical assistance and support.
• Our experienced log/timber construction advisor provides on-site technical assistance to coordinate materials and assist with the assembly of the first two rows of pre-cut wall logs or panelized framed wall sections.
• If you or your contractor have building questions or concerns, contact customer service for support at 1-607-467-2700.
“This is just a note to let you know how much we have enjoyed working with you on the design and construction of our Beaver Mountain log home. We had been working with realtors and looking at all types of homes for approximately a year. Out of frustration, one day we decided to stop at Beaver Mountain, it was love at first sight. We had to have a log home.
You made the design process extremely easy. Everyone involved listened carefully as our vision was incorporated into the plans. At no point was cost or timing a mystery. You connected us with an excellent contractor. The quality of the materials Beaver Mountain provides and the craftsmanship is above the norm.
What can we say? We have moved in and we feel very special. We haven’t just moved into a house, we have become part of a lucky group of people – the Beaver Mountain log home family.”
John and Mary – Delaware County, NY.