Architectural Design and Planning
Every single Beaver Mountain project – whether it’s new construction, an addition, or a gorgeous home makeover – starts right here.
To some people, the process of creating a custom log cabin home, cedar home, or timber frame home – from scratch – can seem overwhelming at first, especially on top of existing commitments…family, friends, career, etc. To make your life easier, Beaver Mountain’s comprehensive design and build services streamline the process, enabling you to focus on the issues that matter most while we keep a watchful eye on your project as it unfolds step by step.
Your Design Starts at Your Building Site
For your on-site consultation and information gathering session with our experienced and talented Architectural Design Team, bring your inspirational materials – magazine clippings, photos, Pinterest boards, etc. – or – we will help, having created thousands of homes we have numerous photos and design ideas. This is the beginning of a very exciting and rewarding creative process, Let our expertise work for you.
Things to Think About
- Architectural style (cape, chalet, ranch, etc.)
- Orientation of the home on the property – location of sunsets, sunrises, views, etc.
- Do you plan to have a garage? Attached or detached?
- Will you have a finished basement? A walkout?
- Outdoor living areas (porches, decks, gazebo, kitchen, etc.)
- Will there be a fireplace or woodstove?
- Number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- Where you’ll eat your meals (dining room, kitchen, snackbar, etc.)
- Where you’ll spend most of your time (kitchen, living room, family room, etc.)
- Alternate energy sources (solar, wind, geothermal, etc.)
Using highly specialized, 3D modeling CAD software, your Architectural Designer will develop conceptual drawings and a turnkey estimate range for your project. Next, together, we’ll review those drawings and further refine the project budget, design options, building schedule, and timeline. Then, your Design Team will render elevations and floor plans that will be used for builder bids, interior design planning and financing (if needed). Finally we will develop building site specific construction, assembly and detail drawings designed to comply with state and local building and energy codes for your building permits.
INTERESTED? LET’S CONNECT.
Discuss questions you may have and building ideas for your log or timber home with one of our sincere professional building consultants, we’d love to hear from you.